ARC Immigrant Scholar Award
We are ending our scholarship program as of Monday, January 9th, 2017. Congratulations to all of our winners, and thank you everyone for your interest and participation.
The Chiropractors of Accident Recovery Center are pleased to support immigrants in their quest to better their lives through higher education with the launch of their annual ARC Immigrant Scholar Award. This scholarship will be awarded in the fall to one bright, dedicated student intending to pursue an undergraduate college degree in whatever field interests them the most.
The Accident Recovery Center is a chiropractic clinic that frequently helps immigrants of all nationalities recover from automobile accidents, in fact immigrants make up almost fifty percent of the Accident Recovery Centers patients. In getting to personally know many of our patients we have observed firsthand the unique challenges that immigrants face on a day to day basis. We see the strength and perseverance it takes to make it in this great, but challenging country. From healthy bodies to healthy minds, we at Accident Recovery Center want to help. We feel that sponsoring a $500 scholarship is a great way to give back and assist with the tuition and expenses at a qualifying undergraduate institution. The ARC Scholar Award is just one part of our efforts to help the immigrant community in addition to programs like Toys for Tots, food and back to school supply drives.
Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application and essay they provide.
Deadline for Applications: Fall Semester- July 31, 2016, Spring Semester – January 1, 2017
Applicant Essay Topics
Please include all of the following topics in your essay.
- Describe your greatest individual challenges upon arrival to this country, and how you have coped with them.
- Describe your greatest achievement or proudest moment here in the United States
- Describe your academic interests, and possible career choices moving forward.
- Applicants must be either a current graduating high school senior with acceptance to an accredited school or an undergraduate student at an accredited institution within the United States
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Applicants must submit an official high school transcript
How to Apply
To apply for the ARC Immigrant Scholar Award, please fill out our online application.